We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Terror suspects can be extradited to the US

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

This judgement from the ECHR comes as a surprise to me but they have ruled and finally said the suspects can now be extradited to the USA. Anyone think it is the end of it or can other appeals be expected soon? I think the latter. TC. extradition report

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

They have nothing to lose by appealing to the Grand Chamber so I am sure they will.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I'm looking forward to them getting a sentence that matches the seriousness of their crimes/offences. (The death sentence will do nicely).

I hope they do not manage to avoid justice by committing suicide.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Sorry, I missed out the word "alleged"....

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I'm with you Bingalau, in every respect.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Not for three months, they can't.

That's how long they have to submit an appeal to the Grand Chamber.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

If convicted they won't get the death penalty, or else the ECHR would not approve extradition, but you can be pretty sure none of them will enjoy themselves for the rest of their lives.

Convicted terrorists go to the same place as convicted Mafia mobsters, serial killers and anyone who's managed to escape from a Maximum Security prison.

Florence ADX Supermax Penitentiary in Colorado.

Each cell is a single piece of pour concrete. The bed, chair, desk, wash basin and toilet are all concrete.

Prisoners are allowed 1 hour of exercise alone in the yard. They are under constant CCTV surveillance, even at night as the cell lights are never turned off.

Conditions are so harsh that ECHR had to consider very carefully before approving extradition, and an appeal may well reverse this decision.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

has the EU court woke up at last

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

Just a pity they were not on a flight to the USA yesterday; it would have cut our costs.

Additionally, given they have three months to appeal, does this mean it could be a considerable time before a decision is reached as to whether the Grand Chamber will hear their case or not?

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

Regarding appeals,every news reporter of this story has said an appeal is possible but unlikely to be allowed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback