We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Titanic Déjà vu

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Has anyone else been watching the Titanic dramas on Sunday night TV?

When I watched the second one, which was recorded, I thought I was watching the first one until I noticed that there was a slight difference in the story line and character views, and now having seen the third one, I realise that they are cleverly interweaving several views from a class perspective, of the other classes of passenger's views of each other into the story line. It's quite a different way of putting the story over, bearing in mind that they could spoil it totally with a happy ending...

I'm waiting for the 1958 'A Night To remember' to be on, that version still cuts the mustard with it's stiff upper lip portrayal. If your sick of Titanic memorabilia, you'll just have to avoid your TV for the rest of this week!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I should add that they've all finished with the boat hitting an iceberg, I can't wait to find out how it concludes:)

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I'm a bit worried about this Titanic cruise that's been in the news, apparently it's following the EXACT ROUTE of the Titanic.

I hope they've got enough life rafts this time round...

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

alan14 did you intend that spoiler?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Titan ic(e)

I thought that was the name of the berg?

Wasn't the ship called "Unsinkable"?

Seen 'A Night To remember' didn't bother wasting 3 hours of my life watching that other long boring film when we all know the ending, won't waste another 3 hours watching the same film in 3D (unless there is an alternative ending no ones told us about).

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Titanic 101 featuring Davey Jones...

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I think it was the sinking of the Titanic that triggered the law governing the amount of lifeboats/rafts that is now in effect worldwide. Except on ferries in places like Pakistan where there always seems to be an awful loss of life. Maybe there they use the same system as ticketing for their trains.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I find it fascinating that although the Titanic was registered in Liverpool, it never actually visited the port. (The White Star Line headquarters were in Liverpool). They named one of the passageways after Scotland Road and a big proportion of the crew were Scousers, but apart from Belfast and Southampton I don't think it ever visited any other port.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

It also visited Cherbourg and Queenstown (Cobh)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The massive gantries used to construct the Titanic were designed, engineered and built in Glasgow...oops that may not go down well in Glasgow!

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Thanks for the update re ports of call... I hadn't checked up or googled or I would have known of course.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do