We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Think the idea will take off?

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

Now here's what I call a good paint job that I hope will be left on long after the celebrations. Looks good, eh? What do you think? TC. the respray job

Oh and while on the page, check out the latest flying car/helicopter machine designed by the Dutchman. Only hope it has better stability than Dell Boy's Reliant Robin though. :)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thank goodness we haven't entirely lost the ability to celebrate something just for the sake of it.

A little more of this, and a little less of this and we might start feeling a lot better about ourselves as a nation.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Maybe just my taste, but I don't like it.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Whatever happened to pin-ups?

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

"Maybe just my taste, but I don't like it."

No, nor me.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Ruined a perfectly good aircraft - BA in fact. They have done it before.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Whatever happened to pin-ups?"

Richard Branson might tell you they are alive and well. He's well aware that sex sells, as anyone who watches his TV ads will know only too well. Not just in TV ads either - here's Richard enjoying a billionaire's perks

Probably not an appropriate idea to put a pin-up on an aircraft to commemorate the Olympic games, though.

Like this post
Earthsea

Likes # 0

FE

Oh, I don't know. Jessica Ennis is pretty fit.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Can hardly believe Virgin let Kate Moss wear those shoes on the wing of a plane.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

lotvic

Can hardly believe Virgin let Kate Moss wear those shoes on the wing of a plane.

What's the problem, she probably doesn't weigh much more than the clothes she's wearing...

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I was thinking more of the pin-ups who were probably painted by hand. I suppose ground crew who were maintaining the planes during the war managed to find the time and an artist amongst themselves. But the painted planes I remember most were the ones with the nose painted to resemble a sharks head or an eagles head etc. I imagine they were probably the squadron's insignia? I needn't look it up on google, because all the ex-air force types will tell me soon enough. Then of course I remember well the stripes that were introduced for the invasion on D-day. I know that was a necessity because of identification reasons. Memories!

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good