We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Big brother is going to watch us online

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

if the government has its way.

"The government will be able to monitor the calls, emails, texts and website visits of everyone in the UK under new legislation set to be announced soon". according to the BBC

Lib Dem home affairs spokesman Chris Huhne said any legislation requiring communications providers to keep records of contact would need "strong safeguards on access", and "a careful balance" would have to be struck "between investigative powers and the right to privacy.

To which most of us cynics would say 'Oh yeah?'

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

carver

There is a difference between China, Russia, North Korea and the UK.

In the other countries alleged dissidents are treated very harshly, witness the ridiculous attempts China makes each year to stop any mention of Tienanmen Square. If you are a suspected dissident there's every chance that you'll be the next passenger for a one way trip in the mobile execution van that tours the country, and then sells organs to the US

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Big brother will soon tire of it; there are now even more loud ads.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

What's this loud advert - I never see it

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Oh there's another now. It takes up th ewhole screen so you have to "skip" it, but the audio sometimes carries on.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Joseph Kerr

We have discussed this before. I get none of the things you mention. Just block them. If you want more info just say. (I am on W7, IE9 and use Abibe and Easylist tracking protection and DNT+ with none of your recurring problems)

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

And I'm grasteful for the help John. But it did get to the point where you advised me to start a thread to get more help as you were stumped as to why I could not find what you were directing me to. I must admit I decided not to do that as I feel the Helproom is a victim of its own success and, therefore, not very useful anyumore; the only other part of the site I ever really use is this one, in which I just read arguments.

So, it isn't really that much of a concern now, but I wish it concerned the site admins a little more; it's obviously of no consequence to them. But, whereas I may well be the only person you have seen complaining, I'm not actually the only one who has.

I'm not sure ad blockers are the way forward with a site paid for by ads either, but mayeb I'm missing some technicalities.

Still grateful fo rall your help.

I'm shutting the PCA tab now as I don't want to hear an ad for the sixth time today.

Evening all.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

alan 14 you are talking about dissidents in a country that nobody could or would class as a democracy, we are supposed to be a free democracy but under these new rules your every move could be followed and all you need is a smart phone on you.

But if you are happy with every web site you visit, every phone call, every e-mail you send or even every thing you put onto some thing like face book being tracked by the police then so be it, but I'm not.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

carver

Frankly I don't care. If the police want to follow my mundane life that's absolutely fine. I'll friend them on Facebook if it'll make their lives easier...

Like this post  
carver

Likes # 0

Some one mentioned that we are not as bad as some places in the world but after reading this we are going in the same direction enter link description here.

I wonder how some of you lot would react to your son or daughter being bared from a town centre JUST because they are only 14-15 and they are made into criminals if they go.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"I wonder how some of you lot would react to your son or daughter being bared from a town centre JUST because they are only 14-15 and they are made into criminals if they go."

Same principle as if you are caught taking alcohol in a Muslim country.

It's against the law. If you don't like a country's laws, don't go there, whether it be Wales or Iran.

They're not being criminalised because they are in the town centre, or because it is after 9.00 pm, but for the same reason as every other criminal, for breaking the law.

If you don't like the laws you live under, change them.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...