We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

George Galloway

flycatcher1
Resolved

Likes # 0

Surprised that no comment has been made about the Bradford Election Result. At least Ed did not have to queue up for petrol to enable him to drive up North for the Victory Parade.

I laughed when I heard a BBC R4 Presenter ranting that the result was bad for the Tories, which it was, bad for the Lib.Dems, even worse, but could hardly bring himself to mention that it was a disaster for Labour.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

WhiteTruckMan

I agree with every word of your last post.

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

fourm member "..missing the point, again"

Here you go again, if anyone queries your stance on anything, it is always necessary for you to suggest that it happens every time. Nobody understands anything, in your eyes.

The 'Argus' is not on my normal reading matter list, and suggests to me you appear to have a helpful 'central' place that provides suitable political leads and stories that can aid your promotion of whatever topic they instruct you to...?

But, surely not!!

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

WTM

Excellent analysis, Galloway only contests constituencies with good proportions of muslim voters - when 'Respect' tried Glasgow they got just 3% of the vote.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

WhiteTruckMan

Add me to FE and badgery's comments. You have summed up the old devil perfectly!

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Badgery

Glasgow does have a considerable number of Muslim voters or it did do when I was growing up so is your theory either a little off the mark or are Glasgow voters a little too wise to see through one of their own number?

Your other post was however spot on as I too fired a shot in front of someone's bow who thinks that everyone is wrong except him and his Tory Central Office views.

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

Condom

Glasgow has a muslim population of about 3% and when Galloway stood for the Scottish parliament he got his expected 3% share of the vote. You could say Glasgow folk are brighter, I suppose!

Bradford West had 38% muslim and he won, Bethnal Green had 40% muslim and he won, - he only chooses to run in such places.

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

fourm member

Still reckon Condom is nearer the mark!!

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

I find it even funnier that where I lead (in my 7:05am post to this thread) by calling george a carpet bagger the mail follows 5 hours later by doing the same thing!

Apologies for the textspeak, but LMAO!

WTM

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

The Times, on Saturday, had a 'My Week George Galloway' (by Hugo Rifkind)which also made a play on a 'Bradford and Bedford' mistake by George.

Not much Respect about the place for him, it seems!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"He's like a touring snake oil salesman always looking for a fresh pitch. "

Like Churchill, who tried eight different (and two changes of party) ones before he found one which wanted to keep him!

He goes for the Muslim vote?

And why should he not? Some go for the union vote, some for the industrialists vote and some for the tree huggers.

It's a (relatively) free country.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...