We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Unable to load new issue of PC ADISOR on iPad 2

Dor9

Likes # 1

I m unable to load the new issue on the iPad .I get a notice "the issue is available for download but requires a newer version of the app.Please update your app from the App Store"

All my apps are3 up tyo date. Please refer and advise. I have paid for my subscription.

Dorian Phillips ([email protected])

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

So that I get this right......

Are you using Zinio 2.0 for IPad?

Like this post
Dor9

Likes # 1

No I am using iPad itself. Bookshelf

Like this post
Simplygray

Likes # 1

Neighbour, who subscribes to the paper version of the magazine, received issue 204 by mail yesterday! Update available for iPad yesterday as well. Have at last been able to download issue 203!

Like this post
paul trotter

Likes # 1

I'm pleased to say the bug with issue 203 has been fixed and the app is now working. We've got a couple of minor bugs to fix but you should be able to update the app from Apple's App Store and access the latest issue. Let me know if it's still a problem.

Sorry for the problems with the app and thanks for your patience.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 1

I gather that this is the Newstand edition. I get mine through Zinio on the iPad with no problems.

Like this post
paul trotter

Likes # 0

I'm sorry about the continued delay with this. We've had to update the app due to problems with a third party. However, each time an app is updated, it needs to go through Apple's submission process (which takes about two weeks). We're currently waiting to hear back from Apple, and would expect to in a week. Apologies for this.

Like this post
Simplygray

Likes # 0

Should issue 204 not be available for download by now?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Issue 204 has been available via Zinio since 3 May.

Like this post
Simplygray

Likes # 0

I tried Zino some years ago, for a number of American magazines to which I subscribed, but it wasn’t for me. It’s unfortunate that following last month’s debacle (Issue 203 arrived when everyone else was getting Issue 204) we are back in the same situation again. All I get offered via Newsstand is “Tech Advisor”, “Tech Help” and “Windows 8 the completed guide” – it tells me I have purchased them but I haven’t and I’m not interested in them.

Disappointing but I’m not prepared to continue paying to read magazine a month after everyone else. Unless a permanent fix available will follow example of Ken22 and cancel subscription.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It's the July issue perhaps they are waiting to make the date meaningful for once!

Seriously I agree that this must be irritating.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...