We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Sporting sponsorships

simonjary
Resolved

Likes # 0

Chelsea are sponsored by Samsung, and were once by Commodore and again by Amiga. Man Utd were once by Sharp, and recently got some money from Epson.

What other sporting sponsorships by tech companies can you remember?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I always thought that Tetley's was a strange partnership with cricket, rugby yeas but cricket was an odd couple. Just not cricket at all.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...well the smoothflow system is quite technical compared to a tap and spile:)

Like this post
dagbladet

Likes # 0

When the football league introduced sponsorship back in the mid-eighties, the first sponsor of the league itself was Canon.

Like this post
dagbladet

Likes # 0

...and N-power currently sponsor the Football League (not Prem).

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

And way back when Orange was a new company, I can remember sitting in the stand at Trenbridge during an Ashes match, Shane Warne's debut year I believe, and there was great gossip and speculation as to what the orange square's with no text was advertising. A few weeks later I realised what it was.

Would you say that was good, or bad advertising?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...that's probably why they 'added the future is orange' later on.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

Did not JVC sponsor Arsenal?

Like this post
simonjary

Likes # 0

Plus, Arsenal Dreamcast.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Olivetti sponsored Formula One Racing back in the 80's...nowadays, top F1 drivers seem to be walking ...(should that be motorized?)...billboards!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

IBM certainly used to do a lot of sport sponsorship

[IBM ]1

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...