We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Who remmebers these films

finerty

Likes # 0

Public Information

Sadly they are closing their doors. Shame really as a lot of these films knocked a lot of common sense into children and adults

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

and heres another one

Public information films

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Regginald Molehusband was by far the best PIF character.

If you know the whereabouts of a copy of any of these, get in touch with the BBC.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...your 15 minutes worth of fame awaits you:)

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

The COI might be closing, but there is still a whole lot of information being produced in all shapes and manners, especially on Health and Safety.

Thinking about all the archived stuff that perhaps the 'normal public' haven't been able to see, reminds me of Bob Monkhouse and the collections he obtained over years. Some of that collection was part of lost material, that had been dumped many years before, and as now become of further interest by collector's or other interested parties.

When Pathe News closed, that was also stated as a very sad day!.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I was only a child when Reginald did his thing,but many years later I still find myself referring to this PIF character whenever I see crappily parked cars.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Chegs

Guilty as charged!

I am the original Reginald Molehusband.

If it's not at least fifty yards long (by the kerb) or ten car widths wide (in a car park) I don't even bother trying!

Like this post
al's left peg

Likes # 0

There was the one about the impending nuclear holocaust from the Eastern Block. Paint your windows white and hide in the cupboard under the stairs. Yeah right!!!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

al's left peg

That information seemed to be around in 1939/1945, but that wasn't nuclear ;0)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made