We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Listen...listen...what's goin' on ...underground?

Aitchbee
Resolved

Likes # 0

Whilst on a bus journey this morning, I noticed 2 chaps in high-visibility yellow jackets, on the pavement, and one of them plunged a thin metallic probe, about 5 foot in length into a hole in a small metal covering which had a capital letter W imprinted on it, which I concluded was something to do with WATER...their van had 'Water Conservation' printed on it.

The man with the probe then crouched down, and put his ear to the 'listening' end of the probe, which was shaped like one of the ear-pieces you see in 'Laurel and Hardy' films.

An hour later, on my way back home, from the bus, I could see they were still probing around, only this time on the pavement on the other side of the road.

I am curious to know, what were they doing, and what were they listening for?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

spuds - I thought it was driverless trains!

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

No they were looking for me buried treasure

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

I once observed a man in HV garb using instruments and spraying Blue Red Yellow Lines across a busy road junction- nearby his van - Utility Finder- on the side.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The 30 best TV shows on Netflix UK: Our pick of the best programmes you can watch right now

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review (2.6GHz, 128GB, mid-2014)