We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

You Tube

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

I'm not sure that this is the appropriate forum to post this but I think Google is losing the plot. Searched for Labi Siffre's song Something Inside So Strong and came upon this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcbpsYj1LXw

Don't watch it if offended by war pictures as it's horrible. We all know that these thing go on but what is unforgivable are the comments left and they're apparently not edited? If they are then not moderated enough for my taste. Bare in mind I'm never singed up to YT as I'm always signed out of Gmail before going to YT, so this will come up to whomever searches. Bad taste in my mouth. Again.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I never read the comments on YT as so many people seem to think that anonymity gives them the freedom to say anything they like, no matter how perverse or disgusting.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

rdave13

You Tube's comments section is pretty rough, but moderating a site with as many posts as You Tube would be a full time job for thousands of people.

I think if the person who posted a video complains about a comment then it's pulled.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I think you're right about it being impractical moderating the site as it's done here. So I imagine it's done automatically when picking up certain words. Possibly the filtering could be better?

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

rdave13

Filtering posts would be tantamount to censorship, something that's a sore point on the internet.

Besides, it's not very easy to do successfully, as many who live in Scunthorpe found out when trying to sign up for Facebook in the early days.

I think it's best to ignore the posts as onthelimit1 suggests

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I agree if these posts were on a 18+ site where you at least had to log in to view. It's just difficult when trying to supervising your child when on the net browsing You Tube.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

They're not worth reading anyway, so I only notice how bad they are when someone points them out, as in this thread. The main video content is all I look at from a link.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

rdave13

I doubt there's anything on You Tube that isn't said in the school yard

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 1

The puerile comments on YouTube were mentioned on a previous thread and Comment Snob was recommended to block out the foul language etc. It works reasonably well - not 100%.

Like this post  
rdave13

Likes # 0

Thanks for that Woolwell. A good find.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I've got Comment Snob set to block all the comments. Excellent, and thanks again Woolwell.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G vs Nokia Lumia 530 comparison: What's the best budget smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer