We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Fabrice Muamba collapse - changed the feel of football?

Graham*

Likes # 0

From today's game BBC report I get the impression the young player's unfortunate heart attack has had a positive effect on the game. I hope he soon recovers and is able to resume his place in the Bolton team.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Fans are fickle - next week they could be howling for the blood of an opposition player if he so much as touches one of their players.

Two weeks ago the referee at my local teams match was stung by a bee while refereeing a match, he went into severe analyptic shock and collapsed in the middle of the pitch. He was treated by our coach while waiting for the ambulance and was rushed into hospital and was kept in for the rest of the day and the next day. Our players managed to play (badly as usual) the next match with no thought of cancelling.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

wiz-king

I'm surprised that someone old enough to referee a football match didn't have any previous experience of anaphylactic shock, and didn't have an epinephrine pen with him. It's unusual to reach adulthood without knowing that you suffer from Anaphylaxis.

Like this post
dikul

Likes # 0

FE I don't know whether I suffer from Anaphylaxis either as I j Have manged to reach the ripe age of 61 without ever being stung, bitten or otherwise assaulted by nature.

Like this post
dagbladet

Likes # 0

I attended a league 2 match on Tuesday night. Prior to kick-off there was a minutes applause for Muamba. At this stage it was common knowledge that he was out of danger and whilst a long long road to recovery, he was responding well. Whilst both sets of fans observed the minutes applause I wasn't actually sure what I was applauding.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"had a positive effect on the game"

It would appear not, in Scotland anyway.

17 arrests and three sent off, including the manager, at Ibrox.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

3 players plus a manager sent off.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

All of the Old Firm fans were happy, today...over 50,000 - minus a coupla dozen.

Rangers delayed Celtic from winning the Scottish League today...so happy 'Gers fans

&

Celtic fans were quite buoyed up, happy in knowing that Rangers Football Club might not even exist, come July.

And, the sun shined for both teams today!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

No change in attitude in Egypt

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...