We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Protecting Assets etc.

Bingalau
Resolved

Likes # 0

After my wife died I decided to take out a Golden Charter Funeral Plan. So that my children would not have to pay for my funeral. I am happy with that decision. The cost for what I am getting, has risen by £700.00 since I did so.

Now I am also considering taking out another plan with Golden Charter, which supposedly protects my assets such as my house to pay for costs, *if I ever need to go into a care home.* This is to avoid the local authorities taking my house to pay for my care costs. On the face of it I think it looks like a good idea. But thought I would mention it on here in case anybody has a view about it. Or maybe there is one or more of our readers who have already taken up this plan? In other words has anybody out there got any experience of it. Or anything to say for or against. Before I take the plunge.

I am told there is a one off cost of £2,645.00. (may go up in April of course). The financial adviser who wants me to do this has said it will be a good idea if I ask around for advice. I think he thinks it may be more publicity for the plan. I hope I am not breaking any rules in asking about this plan. It is not financial advice I am asking for but whether anybody has previous experience or knowledge of it.

It is probably something like legally avoiding paying taxes.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Bingalau As I said above my mother's Golden Charter was a great help. In your case, at some far distant time when the grim reaper calls,you and I know a free bugler is available!

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

john bunyan. I've got a funny feeling I won't be paying him though.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

badgery. The bugger would probably succeed, he knows he's Jesus.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014