We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Water Shortage

Terry Brown

Likes # 0

On the BBC news channel at 1830 hours (13 March 2012), it said that Cheltenham Race course has poured 4 Million yes- 4,000,000 gallons on the course because it was too hard for the poor horses.

So I think It about time I watered my garden- or that wrong?

Terry

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Sorry but £ 4 £ Cheltenham wins.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Looks like they have already used 4 million gallons so far.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/mar/11/cheltenham-unprecedented-watering-avoid-injuries?newsfeed=true

I must admit it does not seem reasonable that everyone else has to cut back on the water they use while they squander it.

Maybe the have not heard that some horses prefer fast ground and the ones that don't should be withdrawn.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I bet you the horses are not complaining...and anyway it's only on once a year...4 days, I think.

Oh, I forgot...horses are dumb creatures!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Not always HB. Smart horse

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

"Oh, I forgot...horses are dumb creatures!"

Yes they are, and yet they are exploited just to provide gaming opportunities for us 'higher species' people? They are still allowed to be whipped to make them go faster!! Ban the whole pursuit.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...that was funny...I had a good laugh, QB.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

badgery...Her Majesty The Queen would not be amused if racing was banned...neither would hundreds of thousands of people in 'the racing fraternity',whose livliehoods depend on it, including, dare I say it, the Bookies.

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

"The Queen would not be amused if racing was banned"

I'm afraid that would hardly register on my own 'concern' meter!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

...my 'drivel' posts do, it would seem!

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

AitchBEE

At precisely what point did I ever call your posts 'drivel'?

They may well be - but I have never said such a thing ( although your incessant references to song lyrics might eventually lead me to such a conclusion)- but if you really think your posts cause me any real concern then I can only say there must be copious amounts of delusion in your mind.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room