We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Water saving tips

ams4127
Resolved

Likes # 0

Dwr Cymru (Welsh Water) are coming tomorrow to fit a water meter.

I have already filled two water butts and put a brick in the toilet cistern. I know about not running the tap when washing teeth. But what I need are some of your own expert water saving tips.

Any advice will be most gratefully received.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 1

Algerian peter

Yes, and that is bad for us all.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 1

"preferably one of the opposite sex"

That's not very PC!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I've had a water meter for over 25 years now with no problems. They're no different to the gas or electric one, you pay for what you use.

Would you be happy to not have the gas and electric ones and pay a much higher average bill to allow for the waste that we'd immediately adopt?

No, that's why you're having the water put on a meter. The water company isn't in league with Beelzebub with a deep rooted ploy to steal your soul as some of the above are suggesting...

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

You want a tip?

Just carry on as normal, you'll save quite a lot just by having the meter in.

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

Quickbeam "The water company isn't in league with Beelzebub...."

Strange, I know many people who would say EXACTLY that about the Gas & Electric companies and their pricing! Good to hear the Water companies are so different!!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Is Beelzebub the Cockney rhyming slang for bathtub ?

A good water-saving tip is, don't plan on growing lots of tomato plants, as they require a lot of water. Quite simple, really!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Tip HB:

Buy your tomatoes in tins, better the Beelzebub you know, simples...

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I can't understand why anyone would advise you to refuse to have a water meter installed. You'll almost certainly save money, which is good for you, and you' ll use less water, which is good for everyone.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

QB - wildo

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Quickbeam. Some tinned tomato's have a higher water content than others! I also think the showering idea is one of the best, providing it is short. Even better if you turn off the water whilst soaping up and lathering all over then turn the water back on rinse off and you will probably have used less than a couple of sinkfulls.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers