We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dubai

ams4127
Resolved

Likes # 0

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Amazing

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It is amazing, but it manages to be slightly tacky at the same time. Perhaps it's the air of conspicuous consumption that pervades the place.

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

Can't download this unfortunately. Get so far then an error message. Using tablet.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

lucky1

You may need "Flash". I can't watch it on my iPad.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

FE. I still want a crack at that golf course!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Amazing views but makes me sure that I don't want to go there.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Woolwell

makes me sure that I don't want to go there.

Me to! Who wants to live in a vast dusty arid building site for the next twenty years!

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

I will almost certainly be visiting this year. Looks very good to me.

My youngest has just got back from Dubai and he thinks it's a great place to be. Mind you he turned down the job he was offered.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

It was good to see some aerial views that I hadn't seen before. I have probably landed in Dubai at least 30 times but I think it is the only airport which I have never had to circle waiting for a slot as we always seem to come in first time.

I have only ventured outside the airport on one occasion as I am usually in transit to Thailand but her indoors has spent several weeks there and it does have more than just the city. She had some great nights on safari in the desert and I don't think she ever complained about dust.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Been there, done that, but it was back in the 1950s, when all the buildings were under three stories and all males had to carry a gun or walk in the gutter with the women!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July