We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Green Vegetables May be Bad For You!

morddwyd

Likes # 0

Whether the possibility is unfounded or not, this will be see as a total vindication my millions of youngsters across the country!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17237569

Who's be a parent in today's ridiculous society?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Tinned spinach didn't do Popeye any harm.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

I thought it was well known that consumption of any foodstuff, depending on the expert that was flavour of the month, was unhealthy?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'll just carry on as normal then, a little bit of what's bad for me, a little bit of what's good for me more or less equals a balanced diet in my book.

Just don't ask me to shake hands though...

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

"Who's be a parent in today's ridiculous society?"

Here is a thread killer:

"Let them eat baked beans"

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

aitchBEE I thought you would comment, from Rod Stewart, "You're gonna need a shot of vitamin E, by the time you're finished with me". There is usually some such contribution from your good self!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

My father, now in his eighties, has not eaten green vegetables or fruit for the whole of his life.

His excuses were - couldn't afford them when he was a kid and couldn't get them during the war so got used to not having them.

However he made sure I had to eat all my veg as a kid - "finish that diner or you'll get it again for breakfast" :0)

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I don't eat vegetables after being forced to eat boiled cabbage at school all those years ago.

I also won't shower first thing in the morning. That was due to the same school forcing all boys to have a cold bath before breakfast. I really, really hated that place.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

There's a lot of info about telling you supplements can be dangerous, including vitamin E.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

ams4127

"I don't eat vegetables"

Seriously, not ever?

Presumably you eat fruit, grains and nuts?

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I was brought up to eat what was placed in front of me,whether vegetables/nuts/red meat or fruit.I hated nuts so would stuff them in my pockets when my parents weren't looking and bin them later.I also hated fizzy drinks (of any flavour)I now love nuts/beer(though quit drinking it years ago)only having lost quite a few teeth,nuts are a darn nuisance.Whenever I'm eating out,I'll choose meals that I've not a clue what it might contain & try guess whilst eating what it might be(often backfires with chinese as I'm allergic to cream & its often added to chinese meals so I return home covered in itchy weals but I still enjoyed the food so much I continue with ordering unrecognisable meals)My GF on the other hand will not even try anything more exotic than a salad,ask her to try say a kiwi fruit & she'll insist she doesn't like them even though she's never eaten one.My daughter tries to say "I don't like..." but is shot down as we know what she's tried eating & one look at me and she'll at least try something new,often finding she likes it & asks for them more often.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger