We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Englebert Humperdinck is UK's Eurovision performer

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

I was somewhat surprised to read that Humpers at the age of 75 will be representing Britain on the 26th May this year. Just goes to show that if yourself and others believe you've still got it, then it's never too late to attempt to knock 'em cold, is it? Good luck to him on his big night in Azerbaijan and I hope all goes well for the UK. TC.

Eurovision 2012

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"whoever picks the singers and the songs, must need their head examining as the entries for the last few years have been abysmal"

I think you'll find that for the last few years the songs have been picked by the great British public!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Should we bring Katie Boyle back to present it?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

..if she's still alive.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Not that you could tell compared to some of the wooden singers!

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

I heard that some of the Russian grandmothers group are older than EH.

Russian grandmothers for eurovision

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Their dentures aren't as good as EH's.

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

Well, here it is - the song chosen for Humpers to sing at the Eurovision Song Contest. the song

This is the first time I've heard him sing in many a year now. I am impressed with his singing ability considering his age and, together with the excellent song chosen, I believe he and Britain will do very well in the Contest. I hope you all agree with me on this. TC.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Good song but we will still not do well as everyone votes for their friends and against us.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I reckon the Russian grannies are definitely up for it!

I saw a clip of them last night.

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

It'll be Very Lynn's turn next year. A shame George Formby has passed on.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room