We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Nasty replys on disqus on win8 review post

Jwbjnwolf
Resolved

Likes # 0

Dear pca, On this comment thread:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/windows/3284198/microsoft-windows-8-review

I am having a lot of insulting responses to my comments that I wrote.

Could someone please block the people as these are just insulting.

User "loveu" calling me a Moran and "STFU" is telling me to well you can see in the username. And then he made a very insulting comment just because I'm a Mac User.

I know it is none of you to blame but I was just wondering if you could take them off

Thanks

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 1

You have a point.

I suggest you use the contact forum editor link towards the top of the page. I'm not sure if that part of the site is part of his remit, but if it isn't I'm sure he will pass it on to whoever it is.

WTM

Like this post
bob.

Likes # 1

Surprised Matt hasn't put his foot down on the comments.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 1

Jw

They have all been Flagged as Inappropriate,

This will flag comments for moderators to take action,

They'll be gone in the morning..

David..

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 1

I've just had a look through that and I must say the moderating is not nearly as good as it is here.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

We'll take a look at what's been going on, but in the meantime take a tip from me, and don't keep rising to the bait. if there's one thing that people like that can't stand it's being ignored.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Thanks FE.

I was almost in tears with laughs on how much time that person was sending writing all those "**"s on all my comments. Makes me wonder what else he has to do. :/

Anyway

Thanks for the help. I knew that posting here I wouldnt get horrible replys.

:-)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 1

You should find it all looking a lot better now. Matt cleaned it up today.

Like this post  
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Thanks.

I really LOL'd at what Matt wrote to the "Moran" post. Don't all you on pc advisor make me smile.

Matt-very funny with comments,

David Price-choosing my suggestion of miniclip as the best games website to recommend (although I'm not much a gamer)

And all you being so kind and helpful.

I'm so glad I decided to sign up for these PCA forums.

In my opinion, this is the kindest forums website around.

By the way, I'm doing this from mobile site on iPod so I can't mark the thread solved yet.

One suggestion about the mobile site post editor. When I'm trying to highlight some text and make it a hyperlink, it is just impossible to press the hyperlink button without pressing copy on the text I've highlighted.

Any way that get sorted?

Not that bothered. Just wondered. Thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Fonts review

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014