We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What's the most expensive piece of technology you own (excluding TV)?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

Desktop PC's and Laptops were traditionally the most expensive technological items people spent money on; but times are a-changing.

We want to know what yours is.

Let us know in our poll: What's the most expensive piece of technology you own (excluding TV)?

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

I have speant more than I care to think about on desktop PC's, but my current one is not worth much.

I did however buy a handheld GPS retailing at £450 the other week so I have voted "Other". Thankfully, I paid a lot less than that for it.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I bought an Amiga 1000 in 1986 - it cost me about £1100.

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

Having just spent £900 on an upgrading my camera body, my full kit bags is worth more than my car and desktop put together.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

a bronze Roman Oil Lamp, circa 150BC

Like this post
caccy

Likes # 0

My "ears" (hearing aids) that I bought about 4Years ago.Since they are audio equipment, guess what I voted!!

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Probably my desktop computer.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Having researched the definition of technology I would say that my car is the most expensive bit of technology I own.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I can't remember just how much each cost, but I'd say it's a tie between my desktop PC, Laptop & camera.

Group together though, the CCTV kit I just installed after the guy three doors down was attacked and killed in his own home probably tops the league, although much of it was liberated from the repairs department at work...

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

My wife

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

GSM-R radio pack worth about £8000

Press the wrong button and I can bring every train within a 20 mile radius to a stand and probably end my career and busisess at the same time :0)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite