We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Know anyone who's never used the Internet?

simonjary
Resolved

Likes # 0

Know anyone who's never used the Internet?

Over 15% of UK adults have never used internet

Like this post
Clapton is God

Likes # 1

My 83-year old Mum, who always comments when she visits us and I'm using the PC "Are you playing with that toy, again?".

Like this post  
dagbladet

Likes # 1

Harry Redknapp?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Yes. My brother Billy, who lives in Ireland, has never used the Internet,and has never owned a mobile phone...he's such a sensible chap!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Mater 85, sisters 62 & 64 plus various elderly neighbors.

Three is definitely age age divide with this. The attitude past 60ish, is I'm all for it and not frightened at all as some of our senior members are placed, or Ohhhhhh.... I don't know about this.... Noooooo it's not for me at all... no, no, nooooo.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

It seems to me that older women have a problem with trying new (to them) things such as the internet.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...but not new shoes.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

My parents in their Eighties refuse to have a computer in the house.

The problems we had with the digital switch over and a new flat screen TV my mother still only watches the 5 "terrestrial" channels :0)

My wife also will get me or the children to go on the internet for her and only then for the ASDA price check.

Oh well little steps - once I've got the Humax connected to the network I'll introduce her to catch up TV :0)

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

Yes my father aged 91 has never been on the internet I have bought things for him but he has never worked a computer or connected to the internet.....and I suspect he never will.

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

My 80 yr old neighbour, not averse to learning new things, does not use the old laptop I gave her because "I haven't got the time" !!! I got it to work off my wireless router, showed her which buttons to press, but no, haven't got time, I'll try it later on. I give up.

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

yeah my 90 year old next door neighbor

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger