We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Apple Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Apple having a bit of trouble

carver

Likes # 0

It seems that Apple may have a bit of trouble in China ipad selling it's ipad after a court ruling.

After reading about all the court cases that Apple have taken out against Samsung it just seems a bit poetic that it's now Apple's turn to get it's product banned.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Apple will pay up if it has to, and the iPad ship will sail on. The demand for iPads in China is huge, and what Chinese people want, Apple will supply.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

FE I have no doubt that Apple will sort it out but I wonder how many of these confiscated ipad's will become "lost" after it's sorted.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

Surely I'm not alone in becoming slightly tired of all these tit-for-tat legal contests.

Samsung and Apple are like a couple of young children in playschool arguing over who is going to use the bouncy ball today.

Yes, I do realise that there are some serious legal issues involved, but I would like to lock the CEO's of both companies in a small room and leave them there until they sort themselves out.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

ams4127:

If you had spent many millions of $'s developing a product, would you sit quietly by, while someone copied it, or registered it's Name in a Market that you were not yet in, in the hope of piggy-backing when you eventually arrived?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

ams4127

The bouncy ball they are arguing about is worth billions of dollars, and comparing the legal battles to arguments between playschool children is an incredibly simplistic approach.

Between them these two companies control a huge slice of the world mobile phone market and the bulk of the tablet market. They are battling for enormous amounts of money,and yes, some serious patent issues are involved.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

wee eddie and FE

I fully agree with you both and understand both company's positions.

All I am saying is that, to me, it's all becoming rather childish. Even some of Apple's fanboys are starting to complain on their websites.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

If you had seen the BBC Top Gear program the other week, when Jeremy Clarkson and James May where in China, looking how the Chinese car industry had progressed over the past few years. Then you would have seen that China are well into cloning anything or everything!.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

All Foxconn has to do is to Clone an Apple Production Line and it's a case of 'One for you, two for me' and no one would be any the wiser, for a while anyway.

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

There's no such thing as bad publicity ! How much would it cost Apple to have ads in all the papers and time on TV ?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers