We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How ae you getting on with digital switch over?

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

We in the South East area are due to be done during April. I have heard that some folk where help was requested have been seen to.

As I posted off my application months ago and had no response I thought an Email enquiry would not be amiss. So I did. and had response that I would be telephoned within a couple of days. This afternoon when I got home Digital Switchover had telephoned. The guy having taken all my details said no application had been received, but no problem we will do it over the phone- so having dug out my flexi friend the deed was done and the installer is coming to fix up the Freesat on March 5th.

So it pays to check

I have also posted this to Helproom and Speakers corner the topic has a relevance in all three places I

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

See Helproom

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I did all the Freeview updates and re-tunes, about 6 in all. The reception is better than it was before, but the only problem is that the Freeview box loses a few channels if I power it off requiring it to be re-tuned to find them again. It also won't keep the favourite selection too after a power off, which means I just leave it on with only the TV off.

I've no idea why it does this, so I'll just buy a new box when Freeview HD becomes available.

Like this post
pabby

Likes # 0

Yorkshire.

We had originally freesat in the living room and sky in the bedroom. I asked the installers if we could get freeview for the living room and I would put freesat in the kitchen.

The team came on time and said reception was poor fro freeview but would give it a try. We live in a bungalow and they installed the ariel with a signal booster attached to it. They then cabled to the sitting room and put another booster just before the tv. Signal strength was perfect. They even popped the cable for the freesat to the kitchen, tied up and setup the tv there.

All done in less than a hour.

Cost was zilch as we qualify for free installation. Well they did have tea and chocky biscuits.

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

Yorkshire

All well except for regional programmes. I have a Freeview box as well as a TV with integral Freeview, the TV tunes no problem. If I tune the box in the morning, the regional programme is Look North Lincolnshire, if I tune in the afternoon I get Look North Leeds, which it should be as I live on the outskirts. Both the box and the TV are Panasonic so I assume same tuner. Strange.

cc

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

Tut tut SparkyJack - double posts!! You'll be getting lines from FE.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I have just switched on my little Casio LCD Color Television - modelTV-1400.Its about the size and weight of a block of butter...with a pull-up aerial.

The UHF signal is now defunct...so there is absolutely no TV picture or sound.

Suits me, as I can now miss all the rubbish that's on TV, whilst I'm on the move!

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

All is not lost - if you can be bothered!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIhB-1rRdAM

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Many thanks Al94 - I am confident your great link will enable me to kickstart that block o' butter!

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Mine also works with the RF output from my Virgin Cable box.

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Having done the deal and posted the thread I got to thinking the remark that the operator made 'No application has been received' I responded at the time - 'In the pile awaiting processing then? No was the response - no backlog- simply did not get it.

So I am now wondering how many more folk are patiently waiting, and where are those 'lost' applications? I guess if there are any we will soon know after switch over date has past and those in need of support did not get it in time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad