We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ken Dod

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

For England manager?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Cricket - I presume?

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I don't think the Diddy Men play footie down the Jam Butty Mines in Knotty Ash. At least they didn't when I ran the Greyhound pub just across the road from where Doddy lives.

I think Capello was right to take the stance he has. I think it would have been correct for the FA to remove the armband from John Terry only after he had been found guilty. There is too much of this Guilty until proven innocent these days. I am not a fan of John Terry but I think it is a shabby way to treat him.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I have to agree with you whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty.

A shabby way to treat a manager for standing by his player.

Maybe John Terry should repay his managers stand in wanting him to remain as captain by removing himself from the team selection until his trial is over.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"A shabby way to treat a manager for standing by his player."

He resigned - where's the shabby treatment?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

The FA should have spoken to Capello before removing Terry as captain.

However the Euro 2012 tournament is being held in Poland and Ukraine who both have a history of their fans, club and country abusing black players from other teams.

Lets say Ashley Cole was subject to racial abuse from the crowd in the first game, it would be very difficult for the FA to take a stand with their captain facing a trial at home for racial abuse.

It is a very difficult situation that could have been handled better by the FA, Terry and Capello.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

The shabby treatment is as he is Manager it should be his job to pick the team.What is the point of having a Manager if they don't let him Manage.

I am sure Fergie would also have told them what to do with there job if he was Manager.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

re Terry, that's no different to any professional policeman, health or education worker being suspended from duty pending investigation of unacceptable behaviour, and that therefore the norm in this country, he's lucky to still be considered to play at all.

re Dodd, c'mon, it was a very tongue in cheek title paralleling two similarly charged and trialled persons, one of whom the FA (presumably) now sees as fully fit to be England manager.

The incident smacks of a stitchup with the outcome of Capello's talks hinging on the right trial verdict arriving in time. But I don't hear any tears for Capello...

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

Quickbeam "I don't hear any tears"

It is most unlikely that you will, I would think!! (;-)

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

Spot on, it really annoys me when pundits pull,out the "innocent until proven guilty" mantra as reason why he should have remained as captain.

Like this post
Legolas

Likes # 0

As Quickbeam has pointed out many people when facing allegations are suspended from there normal employment till said allegations are investigated and proved or disproved. If the FA had had the gumption to suspend Terry right away then much of what has happened since would have been avoided. Was it a stitch up to give arry the job.....not even I am cynical enought to think that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do