We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ken Dod

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

For England manager?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Past tense Legolas? Is this Elvish insight...?

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

You have trousered 25 million quid, do you:

A. Go home sit in the Sun and drink wine.

B. Attempt to manage a team of misfits who have no respect for just about anything, take a load of crap from the F.A.,the fans and a motley bunch of sports commentators,ending with a humiliating first round elimination in a forthcoming major event.

Discuss.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

It makes you wonder if they want the best of two worlds.

They don't want to suspend him as he is needed in the England team.So they play him but just strip him of the captaincy.

Seems to me if they think he was guilty of racial abuse he should not be in the team in the first place.

I don't think there should be any in between,If he is not fit to be captain he should be not fit to play.

Who should be the next Manager I would go for Everton's manager who's name just escapes me at the moment.Maybe he is not English but a good manager with prospects of going a lot further.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I sincerely hope the FA have learned that foreign national team managers aren't a good idea at all.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Fe, please feel free to edit the thread title I half expected the thread to be locked after your midnight tour of the dorms last night:)

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

It does not matter what Manager you bring in if the team is not good enough you will not win anything.

They may get better but it usually takes time.Maybe stop letting the papers pick the team and leave it to the Manager.Oops sorry you can no longer leave it to the manager either.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

National teams need the psyche of a similarly minded manager.

The England team need a manager with the British psyche, that could mean Welsh, Scottish Irish etc. Even Australian, South African or New Zealandian have the right mindset.

Sweeds, Eyeties, Frogs, Bosh or even Zimbabweans do not have the right mindset for the the England job.

Simples...

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

The Everton manager's name is David Moyes and he's Scottish which would probably rule him out. Also of course he has the same mind set as Alex Ferguson and either of them would not take kindly to anyone interfering in their team selection. (be it their choice of captain or goalkeeper) Moyes has operated brilliantly with a very limited amount of cash in the coffers.

As an Evertonian I say just leave him were he is but give him more money. Then watch the change at the top of the premiership.

Incidentally Everton were the richest club in football prior to and for a while after WW2 and known as the Millionaire's club. Now they are known as the People's Club. Also one of the poorest clubs in the premiership.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Here are the betting odds for the next permanent England Football Manager:-

Harry Redknapp 2/7

Stuart Pearce 5/1

Guus Hiddink 10/1

Jose Mourinho 10/1

Roy Hodgson 16/1

Rafa Benitez 25/1

Arsene Wenger 33/1

Gareth Southgate 33/1

Martin O'Neill 33/1

Alan Pardew 50/1

Brendan Rodgers 50/1

Carlo Ancelotti 50/1

Sam Allardyce 50/1

Alan Shearer 66/1

David Moyes 66/1

Glenn Hoddle 66/1

Alan Curbishley 80/1

Ian Holloway 80/1

Mark Hughes 80/1

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

If Harry doesn't accept the job, then I think Martin O'Neill would be a good choice.

Betting stops at 18:00 hours tonight.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Photoshop for Chromebook: a full version of Adobe's art & photography software will be streamed to...

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK