We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Snow snow, here we go.

Blackhat

Likes # 0

Just started in Birmingham, however, we are forecast rain for Sunday so it may not last long. According to BBC Weather we are due about 4 inches. If this is all we get this winter then we will have had a lucky escape compared to the last few winters.

Anyone having it bad?

Like this post
Noldi

Likes # 0

After 11 years living in a country where snow is part of winter driving, Snow tires are on my car now let's see what tomorrow brings with the 1" of snow in Sussex? chaos or business as normal. Noldi

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Bapou Surely you mean East Eastumberland...

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

wiz-king, thanks for the pond info. Mine, also 3 feet deep has weathered the winters here so far, touch wood!

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

staines now has a light covering too

Like this post
muddypaws

Likes # 0

Snowing heavily now, with a strong SE wind.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Quickbeam, another case of Oakwoods Wine ;o}

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Looking out of my office window at home I can see that it is snowing steadily. There is a 4 inch covering on my driveway.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Forecast says east coast and south east will get hit hardest for snow. London in the middle of it. Sorry for you living in those areas. Mid north Wales and rain is as usual but still is very cold. Strange weather indeed.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Brumas I think it's the beer served in The Prancing Pony that causes it!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Looks very pretty this morning, I haven't seen any trains on the local railway but that always suffers in cold weather due to a section of steep gradient and track that is very exposed to the cold winds. My weather station reckons it is 0.5deg at the moment and I have just discovered that the rainfall recorder wont work on snow! Now to venture out remove the snow from the birds drinking fountain and get it's pump working (I have a queue of visitors waiting for drinks).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made