We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Facebook to go Public

wee eddie

Likes # 0

What do they know that we don't?

Most Internet Companies "Go Public" when they feel that their Market has peaked and that this is the point that they, the "Current Owners", will realise the maximum value for their holdings.

Traditionally, the reason for Going Public was to raise Extra Capital, but Facebooks recent figures sugest that this is an unlikely reason.

So look around before you decide to buy.

Has the Facebook Model started to fail?

Are they about to loose a Legal battle of some kind?

Has someone been telling porkies?

Will Facebook be worth the same as Friends Reunited in a couple of years?

Of course, it might be worth Stagging, but I wouldn't hold onto any such Stock beyond the first Dividend.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I'll tell Sid!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

If facebook closes, I reckon facebook 2 will come to the rescue. 100 million users left in Limboland....now that would bring 'em (Facebookers) down to earth!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

There's been quite a few stories about this, and one is how secretive the company is. Apparently there have been $billion offers in the past, and these were all rejected, because the owners didn't feel that it was right to sell.

Whatever the case, it would appear that one 'graffiti' artist might pocket about $124 million, because he chose 'future' options, and not payment at the time for his commissioned work.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Has the Facebook Model started to fail?"

In 2008 the business turned over $153 million.

In 2011 turnover was just over $3.7 billion.

The company has just under $4 billion cash in the bank.

From zero in 2004 to $4 billion eight years later. Some failure.

Mark Zuckerberg is 27 years old, and his personal share of the company will make him worth around $28 billion. In his position would you be worrying unduly about what was going to happen to the business in a few years?

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I've just read that Mark Zuckerberg's personal tax bill from the IPO is likely to be in the region of $1.5 billion, and he's already planning to sell enough shares to pay this bill.

The Register link

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger