We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

6 Nations 2012

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It's that time again, and it's also a year that I wouldn't put any money on anyone as the obvious contender, not even the early Calcutta Cup game. I think it's as wide open as it's ever been this year.

Matt Dawson looks at the contenders

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Like I've said before, I only watch rugby when Wales are playing it, and they haven't done that for about twenty years!

However, I did see some of that game this afternoon and I would be grateful for a little clarification.

In today's game, when possession is everything, why did Wales continually kick the ball down England's throat?

Apart from the first ten minutes Wales were totally outplayed by this side of newcomers in every aspect except on the scoreboard.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I watched a replay of a throw in, and a Wales man was pushed about 25 feet in the air, and he fell back to earth( with a thump ), and then got up as if nothing had happened.

How can this be?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I simply watched a great rugby game,from both sides, and to be honest I forgot to analyse both sides' weaknesses and strengths. It was a cliffhanger whether it would be a draw or not. England shows great promise for the future.

I've calmed down a bit now and bandaged my fingers. :)

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Like judo, first thing you learn in rugby, or it used to be, is how to fall.

Drunks, babies and rugby players fall without injury because they fall relaxed.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I thought the winning Welsh try was brilliant. Well done Wales (from an English supporter)

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

john bunyan , you're too generous but a sportsman! The result should have been a draw with Wales thanking their lucky stars. As it was the score favoured Wales. England has a team to watch in the future, no doubt about it.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

That was a very good game, against the first real opposition. I almost believed we'd pull it off but it wasn't to be. It was also a game that I'd have gone to but for the current climate that's curtailed a lot of those outings this year.

They look promising for the future and it just shows how much vim a young team can show when the old guard have been booted into touch in disgrace. When you're expected to be thrashed you can't really have a bad result, but they can only improve now.

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

Well, I really enjoyed that. For the first few minutes, I thought that England were going to get 'slit up a treat' but then they got themselves together (why did Wales suddenly start punting the ball away when keeping it in hand was working so well for them?) and it turned into a really good game.

I think Farrell is going to be a real find and I thought Barritt had a pretty massive game as well. However, that try-saving tackle by Warburton was incredible (dammit!).

Given the spirit and determination shown by England, I'll quite happily live with that close loss since I think we now seem to have a team that really cares about playing in an England shirt. I just hope that the Twickenham dimbats give Lancaster his chance when making the permanent appointment - based on progress, to-date, I'd say he's earned his shot.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I have just spent six hours propagating plants and seedlings...phew!

Also had time to put a £1 bet on for a draw. (20/1)

France 17 - 17 Ireland.

...that'll do for me.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Here are the latest odds for the outright winner:-

Wales................4/11

France...............9/4

England............25/1

Ireland...............80/1

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...