We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

6 Nations 2012

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It's that time again, and it's also a year that I wouldn't put any money on anyone as the obvious contender, not even the early Calcutta Cup game. I think it's as wide open as it's ever been this year.

Matt Dawson looks at the contenders

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I enjoyed that game against France very much. Probably because I like to see France get beaten by anybody at anything.

The results of the next match will have to be pretty spectacular I would think, for England to come top. Other results will also have to go very much in their favour. But there's no harm in hoping. Maybe the Taffs will fall by the wayside in spectacular fashion but somehow I doubt it.

But England have done very well. Let's hope they can keep the kettle boiling for a long time to come.

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

I don't believe that there's any realistic chance of England edging the title. However, I don't care since they've done vastly better than I ever thought they would. IMHO They've shown that they're hungry for success and want to learn. At this point, what more could you ask for?

I just hope to gawd that those idiots at Twickenham make the right decision and give Lancaster his chance. Mallet would be bound to bring in his own coaching team and why break up something that seems to be working?

Roll on next weekend

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Most towns have nail bars where you might get new ones. I'd go for the non plastic ones as they are harder to chew. Perhaps you need to take a much longer pause after you touch before you actually engage.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"...I like to see France get beaten by anybody at anything." Called common cause.

"They've shown that they're hungry for success..." Very true.

"Anyone know where I can get some new nails..." Why? For another of those tackles with a nailed boot in the face!

It was also exciting enough to cure my lost spirit.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

Man walks into a pub and for twenty minutes was enthralled by a cracking game.France v England.Moral of the story..should have walked in earlier. May have to take the tv out of mothballs to watch the Irish game on Saturday.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Big game coming up soon to decide who's worthy of the coveted Wooden Spoon!!!

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Congratulations to Wales and our Welsh forum members for the Welsh team on winning the Grand Slam. Just watching how England are doing.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Good results all round as far as I am concerned. Well done "New England".

Hard luck France! (LUS) (Laughing up sleeve).

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'm saying nothing, not perfect, but as Bingalau says, but thinking of Ireland... LUS:)

Is Cardiff rocking tonight?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...bet Edinburgh isn't.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed