We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

6 Nations 2012

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It's that time again, and it's also a year that I wouldn't put any money on anyone as the obvious contender, not even the early Calcutta Cup game. I think it's as wide open as it's ever been this year.

Matt Dawson looks at the contenders

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

A couple of easy walkover games yesterday for Wales & Ireland. We've got a real one though this afternoon, we had our walkover games at the start.

I must say, this is the first time in about 15 years that I haven't gone to any 6 Nations games (hard times and all that y'see), I find it really hard to get into the spirit of the competition because of that. Has anyone else found that to be so with any other events?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

QB - The up-and-coming Olympics have no attraction for me anymore.

Coe, Ovett, Wells, Hemmery, Daley Thompson...I better not mention Juantoreno...he's too classy, were all household names in days gone by.

Maybee it's the 'Top Of The Pops' syndrome...when you reach a certain age...your interest wanes.

There's too many other attractions nowadays.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Oh, my interest hasn't waned, but the cost for a trip to Twickenham, paying only for the bare essentials required for a day trip to the metropolis (return rail fare, match ticket, eating out, one and a half gallons of beer), that doesn't leave much change from £300, and as you can see from my very conservative expenses costing, there is nothing non-essential that can be trimmed from the budget... is there?

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Quickbeam. Maybe if you cut down on the the eating out, take a few butties/sarnies instead, then that would enable you to drink a couple more pints.... You could even get on your bike down to "Twickers". Maybe then you could up the drinking to three gallons?

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

My goodness, that was some match. Penalty count not good but phenomenal grit and determination, especially when Sharples was given that daft yellow. Alain Rolland's refing and decisions seem to be getting more and more bizarre as time goes by!

England v Ireland could be seriously interesting (especially since I'll be watching it in Provence, with a mixture of Irish, Welsh, Scottish and French lads and lasses!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

It pains me to say it, but England actually played some decent rugby.

Now I must go and see my counsellor.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Latest outright winner odds are now:-

Wales.....1/50

England...12/1

'Wooden Spoon' Competition odds are now:-

Italy............4/7

Scotland...11/8

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Bingalau

Yes, I can see that you realise where the priorities are:)

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

30 second analysis:

England played with vim, took the risk on running 2 spontaneous tries that paid off, but then went into lockdown mode for 50 minutes and got into a last 30 minute pickle that could have seen it all go wrong. but won in the the end when they realised that they were good enough to beat the frogs in to a cockereled hat. Too many penalties conceded, but nothing like as many as the last team thought was OK to give away.

Nothing lose lose by just playing to win against Wales, it's the Welsh that have to prove something. Bring on the Taffs.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Or even the micks, I'm goin' t' bed...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A better deal than the Z3 and most smartphones

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Framestore recreates ancient China for Mr Bean's martial arts misadventure

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests and more