We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

6 Nations 2012

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It's that time again, and it's also a year that I wouldn't put any money on anyone as the obvious contender, not even the early Calcutta Cup game. I think it's as wide open as it's ever been this year.

Matt Dawson looks at the contenders

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

"It's that time again, and it's also a year that I wouldn't put any money on anyone as the obvious contender"

Aye but the wrong code for me, Rugby League's Superleague starts tonight and of course Hull Kingston Rovers are in with a shout ;o}

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

But they only do girlie play tackles in that game, all done without grinding their opponents faces into the ground for good measure:)

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

Given their relative lack of experience, I would expect England to loose against Scotland, tomorrow. However, as a long-time sufferer (uhm, that should read fan!), I would simply be pleased if they look like a young team who are proud to wear the England shirt and have the potential to learn and develop into a world-class team.

IMHO, they need to ignore all the pressure that will no doubt be coming from everyone about about how they should win every 6N match and realise that, as a new young team, most people don't expect them to win many of the 6N matches but do want them to use it a stepping stone to the future.

On a less parochial note, I'm really looking forward to seeing Warburton play again. I still think he was pretty hard done by with that sending off, even though, it might have been (technically) mandated by the rules that were in force during the World Cup

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Quickbeam, right, that's it, me and you behind the bike sheds tonight, we'll sort it it out, best of three and if I'm not there you can start without me.!! ;o}] Trouble is, that describes a typical union match!!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I was thinking the same SimpleSimon1, I fear it may be the Jocks turn to win the Calcutta Cup this year:(

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Now there's a thing, with the current PCA debate on terms of endearment running, how boring would a 6 Nations thread be without ribbing and references a plenty to Jocks, Taffs, Frogs etc...?

Like this post
SimpleSimon1

Likes # 0

**Quickbeam I fear it may be the Jocks turn to win the Calcutta Cup this year:(**

True, but if the Jocks fail to win or can only scramble a draw.....well, they'll come in for a serious lot of stick :-)

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The ribbings are starting with gusto I'm pleased to note:)

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Quickbeam. I think you missed out the endearing term "Spics". Or don't spain take part in the six nations?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Here are the betting odds for the outright winner:-

France..............13/8

Wales...............11/4

England.............4/1

Ireland.............4/1

Scotland............25/1

Italy...............150/1

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features