We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Suitable punishment (Everton/Man City Game Last Night)

Bingalau
Resolved

Likes # 0

After watching the game on TV last night between Everton and Manchester City, my lad and I were discussing the incident where a hooligan handcuffed himself to the goal-post. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16834545 We came to the conclusion that after the game ended, he should have been marched back on to the field and left handcuffed to the goal-post for the night. That would have cooled his ardour.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

The guy is apparently a "professional protester" so a valid punishment would be to completely ignore him, a bit like the Twilight Zone episode "To See the Invisible Man"

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

A suitable punishment would be to ignore him completely, rather than affording him the oxygen of publicity.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

alan14

I just noticed that you beat me to it - apologies for the copycat post.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

They couldn't really ignore him at the time as it wasn't even half time. Maybe if it had been just prior to full time they could have left him there all night. (I wish!!)

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I was recently watching an American football game, and there was a bit of a delay in getting play restarted at some point.

The commentator apologised and said that someone had tried to interfere with out enjoyment by running on the pitch. "We don't give publicity to that sort of person".

Maybe we have something to learn from that publicity conscious nation.

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

morddwyd

That was precisely the way our TV channels dealt with the 'streaker' epidemic some years ago - and it just seemed to die off when the cameras ignored them.

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

Bingalau - I would make him watch every Everton (ugh) game for the rest of the season. Now that's a punishment...

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Export him to Eygept - they do it with style.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

wiz-king

So you call killing 73 people "doing it with style"?

I suggest you get some medical attention...

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

What was the protest?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...