We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Design for BBC Sport Website

bremner

Likes # 0

BBC Sport

On of the most popular sites on the Web has been relaunched today what are your first thoughts?

For me it is too busy and too yellow - although I am sure I will get used to it in time.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Agree that it is too yellow.

Like this post
Input Overload

Likes # 0

A lot going on on that page I think, maybe too much. I don't really like the new BBC home page & did submit that opinion more than once when it was in Beta, though in all I think BBC is the best home page for me there is still.

The met office is another site that's being re-done & I'm not happy the way it's going but as you say I will get used to it.

Maybe lots of hits are not on Windows desk & lappys anymore & sites need to offer content that's easily viewable using tablets & the like. I would think the FE knows far more than me regarding that than I.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I rather like it. Lots of linkss from the one page enable me to follow just the sport I want.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

No yellow, just blue or black on white.

Never been on the page before, but it looks awfully busy.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I like it.

I was pleasantly surprised when I clicked on a 15 minute audio link, and got continuous sound output, after an initial delay of about fifteen seconds. (using dial-up).

Before, the sound would stop and start every ten seconds.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I quite like it. There is certainly a lot of content there, but that suits me just fine - I can get all the information I need from just one page.

In passing....

How good to see that the BBC is finally getting the message that female TV presenters aren't fit for the scrap-heap just because they're past their twenties. There's Sue Barker, aged 55, and still a joy to watch and listen too. Long may she grace our screens. She's a living testament to the fact that you can be both knowledgeable and a really nice person.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Isn't it amazing how contentious a changed website can be?

The mellow yellow look OK to me. But I rarely use the BBC home page anymore, that's just an untidy mess compared to the last one and I still can't get the weather to show my area by default.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

QB

The Net Office site will.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I now use my phone for the weather as it knows where I am without me having to tell it. And should I wake up in some unknown place dazed and confused, my phone will bring me quickly to my senses:)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Quickbeam - If you wake up 'grazed and contused' ...better get a First Aid App.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK