We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Jon Gomm guitar player "wow"

hssutton

Likes # 0

As Jeremy Thorpe says "WOW"Guitar player

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'd best keep my day job on.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

Rubbish.

Like this post
al's left peg

Likes # 0

It's unusual, definitely not rubbish though in my eyes. Although it's not my taste and I have seen something similar done a whole lot better by a singer called KT Tunstall on her first ever television appearance (Later with Jools Holland). The use of a digital loop stomp box would of given him the rhythmic beat whilst trying to fit all all his guitar parts in.

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

Graham*

"Rubbish" ??

Perhaps not your cup of tea in music but that hardly makes it rubbish - or are you a better musician perhaps?

The guy is obviously very talented, appearing not to require any of the technical gizmos often seen today (apart from amp/speaker).

Like this post
JYPX

Likes # 0

I found that clip enjoyable and entertaining. And - it has given me some different ideas about how to create "wear" on a new guitar, to make it look like an old guitar! (People will pay good money for authentic ageing....)

Instead of starting another guitar thread can I mention Eilidh McKellar here. I spotted her on youtube and thought: hmmmm.... talented kid, (I think she is 17). But... it looks like Joe Bonamassa saw her clips, and invited her to one of his uk shows......!!! link to clip

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'm afraid I have an aversion to guitarists who play technically brilliant but relatively soulless stuff. All that tapping and fluttering of hands is very clever, and I certainly couldn't do it, but it's not for me at all.

Talent comes in many forms however, so credit where it's due - he can make some very interesting sounds.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I listened to just over 3 mins before the sound of grating on strings grated on my nerves so much I closed the page.He is an accomplished guitarist,just not one I like to hear.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

He is undoubtably an accomplished guitarist but what he is doing couldn't be done without several "electrical technical gizmos" which could be seem at his feet. If you closed your eyes and listened you could hear some of the late John Martyn sounds but without the essential feeling that FE talks about.

Not my cup of tea but I'm sure he will get plenty of work and I'm thankful it is not one of my guitars he is playing.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Robert 'Rabbie' Burns used the word 'wow' in some of his poems. The meaning of the word has not changed. - amazement.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Robert 'Rabbie' Burns used the word 'wow' in some of his poems. The meaning of the word has not changed. - amazement.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon, Argos, eBay,...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers