We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

CAR KEYS

rickf
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi All, This may seem like a lame question but as I am on this page why not ask here. I have lost my car keys to a Volvo V40. Where can I have a set cut? I understand it's a rather complicated process as they have to be coded when cut. Also can I claim through my comprehensive insurance cover if it's worth it.

Like this post
sidecar sid

Likes # 0

Give this company a call they may be able to helpDavenport-Burgess

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I lost my car keys, Tom Rush knows a song about that ClickHere

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

They've got you over a barrel.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Should you get a key replaced on the cheap and your car gets nicked you have handed your insurance company a gold plated get out clause!

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

Its either the car or walk or on ya bike or get a bus or taxi or the tube or British Rail or get lift or get the darn key or try to remember where you might of misplaced them. Contact the police to c if they have been handed in.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"Should you get a key replaced on the cheap and your car gets nicked you have handed your insurance company a gold plated get out clause!".

If that would be the case, then perhaps all motor factors should close their business, because they might or most likely do sell 'cloned' parts?.

Perhaps another case of manufacturer's monopoly, with the customer not reaping the benefits?.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Thanks all. Great wealth of info. Might have to buy the bullet unless TFL Lost Property have got them. Might have lost them on the tube.Will try companies suggested and see what they say.

Like this post
tonyx1302

Likes # 0

Check your car insurance company. Some companies now include key cover and 'putting in the wrong fuel' in the car.

Good luck

Tony

Like this post
SparkyJack

Likes # 0

Having purchased a used car that had only the one key supplied- [The dealer affirmed that is how it came to him,and contacting last owner affirmed that he had sold the vehicle to a trade dealer with both keys- I resolved to try to go 'cheap' A google revealed a number of key replacement franchises- where I got a quotes each of which came to be dearer than the Main dealer price.

Going of topic slightly- the previous owner said both keys were with the car when sold on to a trade source- but only one key was available when I got it.

I occurred to me that if this car was a premium brand- there could be a scam whereby once the car has a new registered owner/address- the key and location could be sold on to those that like to acquire such prestigious vehicles for gain.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

I am going to wait a few wks for TFL Lost Property to get back to me and going back to place of work to see if I had mislaid them there. Having checked out various options, it seems in the long run I'll have to go to a Volvo Dealership if needs be.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features