We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Guitar playing

Al94

Likes # 0

I know some of you are very much into guitar music.

Came across this band playing in a pub in Belfast recently, they were excellent, worth a look at the video on their website. Especially the lead guitarist/vocalist.

http://xanderandthepeacepirates.com/?page_id=39

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

It perhaps goes to prove that there is a lot of hidden talent about, and some of this can be found it some unusual places.

A couple of years ago I collected a bass guitar from a seller on eBay, and when I arrived at the persons address, I found that he was a 'session' musician who gave music lessons in his spare time, who also had a 'double garage' recording studio at the rear of his rather nice home.

The extra cherry on the cake that day, was that a number of his session friends had turned up. Seeing the clip from the FE's link brought back some very happy memories. The only bug in the pie that day, was when they tried to cox me into joining them, and I made a real fool of myself, even though they thought not.

On that day, I was expecting a one and half hour journey there and one and half hour journey back after collecting the guitar, but it turned out to be a dream in paradise, with many extra hours added and some new highly talented friendships made.

The same applied when a friend of mine owned a club, and Peter Green made two appearances there. A very nice and down to earth gentleman, and a treasure to be with.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

al's left peg

"I do believe the FE is a Les Paul man!"

How right you are,although I do have one treasured Strat in my modest collection.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

You're never alone with a clone: How the App Store got taken over by copycats

IDG UK Sites

PCs vs consoles: PCs still pwn when it comes to gaming (and everything else)

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded