We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Guitar playing

Al94

Likes # 0

I know some of you are very much into guitar music.

Came across this band playing in a pub in Belfast recently, they were excellent, worth a look at the video on their website. Especially the lead guitarist/vocalist.

http://xanderandthepeacepirates.com/?page_id=39

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Not my personal music flavour, but very good.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

Excellent, very emotional solo and he sings well too. Watch this for some excellent guitar blues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbuE6rKL3oc&feature=related

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Excellent rickf. The guys I saw last Friday night were so amazing that it was some considerable time before I noticed the lead guitarist's right hand. Like that since birth, lovely guy, had a great chat with him during their break. Had time for an old fart like me!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Best Voice I have listed to for some time, I can actually hear what he is saying. As to the Guitar, it as got to be hard playing with is fingers and harm missing as he does not have the feedback from the pick to is brain, He will have to watch all the time the notes he is playing

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

This is more my still of guitar playing, More Like I used to play

Click Hear

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 0

There have been a lot of threads over the years with links to great guitar playing and I have enjoyed most of them as I have played guitar for nearly 40 years, acoustic, electric, bass, mandolin and banjo. What gets to me most is this sort of talent, more talent in just a few years of age than most achieve in a lifetime.

young Korean girl

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

rickf

"Watch this for some excellent guitar blues"

Now here's the thing - that's not what I call the blues at all.

this is real blues guitar playing

Like millions of others I'm a (failed) blues guitar god, and like you, I have my idea of what 'real' blues is.

12 bars, and every song starting with 'I woke up this morning'.

Isn't music wonderful? It's the last thing to argue about, and I'm sure you realise I'm just kidding when I say - you enjoy your version of the blues, and I'll enjoy the real thing.

Like this post
bluesbrother

Likes # 0

FE there is no such thing as a failed guitar god.

As Eric Morecambe almost said 'I'm playing the right notes, just not necessarily in the right order'.

Like this post
rickf

Likes # 0

FE, Of course I meam Rock Blues if you will and I said blues in the generic sense as w/o the blues there will be no rock.

Like this post
al's left peg

Likes # 0

Hats off to the guy in the original video posted by Al94 good player and a cracking singing voice.

Woodchip posted the video of the guy with the Yamaha Pacicifca guitar who also plays well.

There is so much talent and good playing on the internet now and Youtube has amazing content of which I could probably sit a whole day and watch to be honest.

The video the FE posted filmed at the Crossroads guitar festival organised by Eric Clapton was really good. It would of been difficult to get any more Stratocasters on that stage, although I do believe the FE is a Les Paul man!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 launch event live: Windows 9 launch live blog - find out first as the new Windows is...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK