We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Am I the only one

Al94
Resolved

Likes # 0

who can't see any talent or humour in this man?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16608695

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Talent - possibly, humour - none

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

..no you are not!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I've never understood his appeal. I didn't like the Office.

Like this post
dagbladet

Likes # 0

I think he's hugely talented and usually funny. Of course humour is subjective and we don't all laugh at the same things. He's at the top of his tree now so is probably due a prolonged savaging from the critics.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

That's three of you so far. Add my opinion to the ME list thanks

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I'm not keen either, facial expression puts me in mind of someone who's had an accident in the underwear dept, and is vainly trying to struggle on instead of sorting it out.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Ricky Gervais has always struck me as far too smug with himself to be funny.

I couldn't bear to watch the Office as I used to work for a guy who was just like David Brent...

Like this post  
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

"He's at the top of his tree now so is probably due a prolonged savaging from the critics..."

Yes, but maybe he deserves it. I have not seen anywhere near his whole performance at the Globes (which I did not know he had done three times, just twice) but the little I have seen was rubbish indeed. Slightly less funny than Madge in fact, which is really going some.

Does the Twitter row relate to Life's Too Short? My main objection to that was he took someone who probably can act and said to him "just be that version of me". I watched every episode and did laugh a time or two but it was easily his weakest project so far for me.

I've previously really rated him.

But maybe they all lose it in the end. Peter Kay has too, far as I can tell.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

No, you're not.

Like this post
sidecar sid

Likes # 0

As has been said humor is a personal thing. I did not like the office but i thoroughly enjoyed extras. Life's to short in my opinion was brilliantly scripted as it made me laugh like a drain but feel guilty at the same time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

EE brings 4G LTE to Cornwall and a total of 21 new towns

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

5 things Android Wear *can't* do: Smartwatch OS is great but not flawless

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks