We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Do you think the BBC should charge for some iPlayer use?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

What do you think about the news that the BBC is considering charging for iPlayer use?

Have your say in our poll.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Pay as you view television as been around a long time now. So I suppose charging for iPlayer will not make a great deal of difference to some users?.

Whether I would pay extra for it, is a different matter, because I very really use it, like a number of television and radio programs.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

no, i pay for a tv licence. they overpay a lot of their staff, if they are short of cash that is where they need to look.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

I'm not really bothered. If they do, I wont use it, but I find it hard to get excited either way.

I'm just not going to pay for every little thing anyone sees an opportunity to charge for online, even though I know servers cost money. I also have a pocket, and it has to say no to the "drip drip" effect sooner or later.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I agree with sunnystaines. I use a DVD recorder for time shift and the BBC should provide the iPlayer as part of the Licence, even if they have to make savings such as getting rid of BBC3 or Digital Radio (not TV) and nonsense jobs of which there are too many in the BBC.

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Why on earth would I? Sometimes I use it if I have forgotten to set Sky + to record but I will never pay for it. Apart from anything else, even on a 23meg BT Infinity it still buffers a bit in the evening so why pay and risk imperfection when better Sky+ planning is the answer.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

If it's been on TV then it should be free to British viewers but I would not mind them charging non-license payers.

Like this post
CurlyWhirly

Likes # 0

I would no longer use the BBC iPlayer if I had to pay for it as I already pay for it with my TV licence.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Non-licence payers should certainly pay.

They are not just getting something for nothing, but they are also getting something I've paid for.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

If I had to pay to use iPlayer then I just wouldn't use it, I think the fee is already high enough for the BBC without having to pay extra.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Poll question (don't you just hate it when the options get queried!).

Isn't No, the Licence Fee is already too high. and It should stay the same as it is now. effectively the same option? Currently they are both on 26%, making it a combined 52% No, leave it alone, we've already paid for it vote.

I know, you hate me now don't you...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED