We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Oh Good!

onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

Pity we can't have a referendum. I look on the European courts as an un-necessary evil. Let's get the hell out of the European Union and go it alone.... If Switzerland can do it why can't we. There's a whole world out there we could trade with.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"There's a whole world out there we could trade with."

We're already trying to do that. Our exporters didn't go into retirement when we joined the EU - we've always been trading with the rest of the world. The thing is, there's a great deal of competition, and the European market is vast.

We're far better off being inside the EU than outside it as far as trade is concerned.

Switzerland is a unique case. There was a national vote in 2001 about whether the country should open EU membership negotiations. The Swiss people voted 'no' but by a narrow margin. Nevertheless, there are bilateral trading treaties in force - the Swiss government recognises the value of trading in the EU market.

Switzerland has also amended many of its laws to fall in line with EU legislation, so that its trading companies aren't at any disadvantage in the market.

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

If we cannot deport him to Jordan then why can we not put him on a train to Bru$$els and let them pick up the bill.

One of the MEP's has,i am sure,an apartment given to them at taxpayers expense free for residence and maybe they could hold hands and demand their human rights when Mossad come calling.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"The Swiss people voted 'no' but by a narrow margin"

It'd be interesting to know which way that narrow margin has moved in the last 6 months, I can't believe they'd want to be in the EU right now, not even for a gold cuckoo clock each.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

"We are far better off being in the EU than outside it as far as trade is concerned".

The UK as always been an open nation for trading abroad, and some of the regulations coming from the EU hasn't helped the UK at all. The other day, I was watching an interview with our Prime Minister, and he was expressing how the UK government are considering taking legal action, because some EU countries are not holding to signed agreements, with the UK.

Last year we had new regulations about pig production, and recently new regulations about caged birds. What country is obeying the directives, and what countries are not. It would only take a simple search to find out?.

Tell that also to the people who have and are, losing their jobs to our EU neighbours, because some politician as decided that we should do!.

And then we have fish quotas, when thousands of tons of fish are dumped back into the sea, because our fishermen are fined very heavily (including being made bankrupt or imprisoned, if they return to land with a overload of quite consumable fish, that the UK and other nations want and are willing to trade with.

But what's all this got to do with a person who might cause more harm and hate on his release?.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It's definitely a serious case of thread deviation with this one.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

fourm member

As does the case that the accounts have not been signed off for many years?.

Or that subsidies are being mismanaged in favour of certain countries or individuals?.

But as I said "But what's all this got to do with a person who might cause more harm and hate on his release?"

Like this post
minilite

Likes # 0

If the E U Judges want to make this type of Judgement ,then let them pay for the privilige of not having this type of person on their doorstep. Personally i would stop all benefits for terrorists and their families as they have breached the conditions laid down for entry to this country,and i wonder how long they would stay here then.The poor old taxpayer foots the bill every time.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

minilite. You are absolutely right. If these people practice their hate policies in our country they should be deported to another country. They should certainly not be mollycoddled by the British taxpayer. (me and you). I wonder would Israel take them in for a short while?

Like this post
caccy

Likes # 0

If, as reported, he was Osama Bin Laden's right hand man, why haven't the Americans demanded his extradition to the USA? He would seem to be a far better candidate for extradition than some UK citizens they have requested!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks