We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Another brilliant idea from the BBC

Covergirl
Resolved

Likes # 0

Ha - how many times does the BBC want their TV licence money from us?

BBC to Charge for iPlayer

OK, it's only an idea at the moment, but I thought I'd already paid my licence fee?

Oh, hang on though - isn't the licence fee frozen for a few years?

Say no more . . . .

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

But why would I pay for the iplayer when all I have to do is record instead, and that wouldn't restrict me to a time limit to watch it.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

They were thinking of a fee for non-UK use at one time.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The sooner the BBC do this ...the better...with one proviso!

THEY (Auntie Beeb) MUST abolish the TV LICENCE FEE.

Like this post  
mole44

Likes # 0

The licence fee is to recieve the signal,the BBc get a portion of this as do i think channel 4.So even if you don't watch the BBc you still need a licence to recive the broacast signal,yup even on your pc.

Like this post
Joseph Kerr

Likes # 0

Indeed mole, but why concentrate on true details when you can just kick Aunty at every opportunity?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Why should non-licence payers get broadcast material, which we licence holders have paid for, for nothing?

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

There are a number of people who only watch TV by computer using iPlayer etc, these people do not need a licence so are not paying for the content.

Perhaps you could create an iPlayer account using your licence number and get content for no additional fee, if you don't have a licence there should be a monthly fee for iPlayer access, just like I pay a monthly fee to watch movies online from Love Film

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Best hop on over to the PCA Poll and associated thread on this subject.

I'll mark this thread closed.

Like this post
jtt

Likes # 0

They sell DVDs, so why shouldn't they be able to sell archive programmes?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 release date, price, specs, new features: world's thinnest tablet also gets Touch ID

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Will Photoshop work with Yosemite? And will Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro or the other A?......

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...