We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Removal of polystyrene chips in loft?

Mrs fix it

Likes # 0

We are having free loft insulation done as part of government energy saving drive with EDF energy. The surveyor (sub contractor SIG Energy Management)said that they would put the top up loft insulation material over the top of existing polystyrene chips (been there since house built in 70's I think). Asked him about safety aspect after reading on-line there are issues with these chips. He said he hadn't heard of this. Customer Services advisor at SIG said she thought they should be removed too but they don't provide the service so did I want to cancel or I could remove them myself. Any thoughts as to how I go about this?

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I believe they are very good when dug in to the soil of your garden. They keep the soil warm, and possibly encourage worms to prosper etc. You may even get snowdrops coming up even earlier than they do now.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features