We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What are your thoughts on the hacking group Anonymous?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

With the news that Anonymous have hacking into 'More than 200 UK military email addresses' we want to know 'What are your thoughts on the hacking group Anonymous?'

Have your say in our poll here.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

This is one of the options "Regardless of their aims they're unelected criminals and should be stopped.". Are criminals ever elected?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Hm that may count but of course if we know who they are then they are not anonymous.

Like this post
Proclaimer

Likes # 0

One man's hacker is another man's MI6 code breaker...

Like this post
1Legion

Likes # 0

Given that police officers, MP's, Civil Servants, those in the government security services, the military, prominent business people, and 'celebrities' were to be given exemption from having to register on the now (hopefully) defunct National Identity Database for reasons of Security, it comes as no surprise that the sites they are on get hacked. The government only ever wanted Joe Public to be under the spotlight and not themselves, they are too important. Legends in their own minds, so to speak.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

People like this are fond of claiming that they're doing what they do to help the common man/woman. In fact they're doing precisely the opposite.

They're acting as though the confidential data on private servers are fair game - available to anyone who has nothing better to do than sneak around the internet playing schoolboy pranks. It's all wrapped up as being some kind of crusade, but it's actually just grown up children having a good time at our expense.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

What are your thoughts on the hacking group Anonymous?

I think they need to change their name to something less obscure.

Then they need to get a life and grow up.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

At least it's shown they have a problem with their security system maybe now they will get a more secure one in place.

"I suspect most of the children associated with Anonymous have no understanding of morality," same could be said for most of the children of MPs.

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

carver "..same could be said for most of the children of MPs."

How on earth can you say the children of MPs have no understanding of morality? Care to give us some specific examples?

If my father was corrupt, does that automatically make me the same?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

carver "At least it's shown they have a problem with their security system maybe now they will get a more secure one in place.". Who are the "they" you refer to? It would seem to be Stratfor that had the problem and users could have reasonably expected them to have had more robust procedures in place.

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

Woolwell I would have thought that THEY are obvious as the posting was about Stratfor and the fact that they were hacked, but in future I will make the obvious a bit plainer for you.

badgery If you had taken the time to read any of the preceding posts you would have noticed that I took the quote from another person and merely expanded it. Have you got a problem with one person making a sweeping statement about one group of people and thinking that is OK but not when it includes a group of people who steal from the tax payer.

If my father was corrupt, does that automatically make me the same? Only if you follow in your fathers footsteps.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...