We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

BBC Radio 1, 2, 3, & 4 are Down

wee eddie
Resolved

Likes # 0

The Darvel Mast has been out of action because of the Storm. An annoying but, totally understandable, problem.

However, the BBC is now off the Air for the On-line Listeners as well.

The BBC Site is working but when you hit the "Listen" Button you get "Error 500" which, I believe, means that it is unable to handle the volume of Traffic.

Talk about "Unfit for purpose" or what!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Covergirl: Darvel was not the only Mast, in Scotland, that was down.

I believe that several other masts, in the UK, were down due to the high winds across the country.

Before anyone picks me up on this. I believe that the term "down" refers to them being out of service rather than having been blown over.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

If a main station aerial is damaged it may also take out several local relays.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"I believe that the term "down" refers to them being out of service rather than having been blown over."

But not always!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Quickbeam: You're a Star ~ Fascinating.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'