We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Your Best Websites.

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just a point of curiosity: What websites do you frequent on a regular basis, because they offer any or all of the following or perhaps more. Great downloads, good general information or a pleasure to view and participate?.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

These are the websites I visit every day

bbc.co.uk/news - BBC news uk.imdb.com - Internet Movie Database denofgeek.com - Movie / TV news theregister.co.uk - irreverent IT news thedailymash.co.uk - very irreverent, and extremely rude, slant on the news facebook.com - I can catch up on news of many bands, authors and actors that I have on my friends and like lists. I rarely post. en.wikipedia.org - I delve in the days highlighted features and like to visit a few random pages discogs.com - like the Internet Movie Database but for records louderthanwar - music blog fantasticfiction.co.uk - like Internet Movie Database but for books

And here...

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Well that post didn't look like I meant it to...

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

wee eddie

"My current gripe is that, while Posting an Answer, the Page freezes unless you move the Side Bar with your Mouse. My Scroll Wheel does not seem to do that particular bit of business."

I haven't heard that one before - my scroll wheel works perfectly,and nothing freezes.

I'm concerned to hear that you think "the Site has become progressively more buggy since the re-Write" Could you provide examples of the progressive buggyness?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I'll tick this as resolved, but please add further.There must be some good regular and interesting websites out there, worth sharing?.

FE. Perhaps worth mentioning that I have only had one email notification response, and not any further email notifications from other contributions to this posting. Good for my incoming email box, but is this now usual?.

Like this post  
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Mine - but I would say that!

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

spuds & fourm member

After the site changes I've noticed that the emails stop after you post a response to your own thread.

Whether this is intentional or a bug I don't know, but it does mean you don't have to mark a thread as resolved to stop the emails generated by a popular thread.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

fourm member & alan14

Would appear to be the possible answers, but when I opened a new post not very long ago, notification emails were sent and received on every reply. I wonder if the Forum Editor can verify the reason?.

Personally if your suggestions are correct, then I am pleased with the end results.

Like this post
pabby

Likes # 0

An excellent all round site is http://www.idf50.co.uk/clubhouse/index.php. Allways worth a visit.

Like this post
pabby

Likes # 0

Link not working. IDF50

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

spuds

You say you only got a single email from this thread. If you look at page one you responded to the first post from sunnystaines, this will have stopped the emails...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow