We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Your Best Websites.

spuds
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just a point of curiosity: What websites do you frequent on a regular basis, because they offer any or all of the following or perhaps more. Great downloads, good general information or a pleasure to view and participate?.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

for news

google news bbc news daily mail guardian

for updates to software filehippo major geeks

other are for special interest hobbies/health problems etc

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

Can you provide any links to any of the hobbies/health websites, that might be of interest to the forum members?.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

I must admit, none (apart from the obvious, of course).

All of my bookmarked sites are of practical value, like my bank, or Amazon or the Met Office etc.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Met Office:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/

CIA facts(Country information)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/

Too many others to list.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

My Favourite Site was here, but the Site has become progressively more buggy since the re-Write, so I have moved to Taxi Driver On-line!.

My current gripe is that, while Posting an Answer, the Page freezes unless you move the Side Bar with your Mouse. My Scroll Wheel does not seem to do that particular bit of business.

Like this post
Covergirl

Likes # 0

Currently accessing Ultimate Guitar a lot, along with Guitar Backing Tracks and YouTube.

Other than that, our local newsaper, Argos, BBC, Currys, Comet, Wilkinsons (photographic),Google maps and (less and less) PCA for a bit of crack and controversy.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

This is a good one for all you atheists out there! Richard Dawkins.net

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

And also this. Petrol prices.com

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

I tend to visit the Latest Headlines on Firefox which is the BBC. But my most favourite are my music cover sites like Cover-Paradies and AllCDCovers or Discogs. I use these as part of my interest in Music detail as it helps with finding all the odd tracks that appear in non UK albums especially Japanese Albums as they often have many tracks UK albums don't have. Discogs is good for getting details about hidden tracks which appear on many albums without getting any credit on the covers.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The Internet Movie Database is quite good:-

http://www.imdb.com/

It provides lots of info on TV progs as well.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks