We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Trans Siberian Railway anyone?

Graham*

Likes # 0

A few years ago, a friend and I booked for a 7 day trip on the Trans Siberian Railway. Unfortunately it was cancelled at short notice due to a lack of bookings. We finished up in Goa.

I still would like to go, I found this on Google

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

Been thinking of doing something like that for ages,did discover this interesting and informative site for an alternative.

silk road

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

That sounds like a good way for someone like me that won't fly anywhere to spend my tax free pension lump sum. I've no intention of just spending it on ordinary day to day living, it'll have to be blown on something extraordinary.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

On our trip, we were to over-night in Irkutsk near the shores of Lake Baikal. It is probably best to go in winter to view the scenery at its best.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

My wife has always wanted to go across the States by Amtrak.

Don't suppose we ever will now, but it remains a dream.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Pass the Vodka

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Trans Siberian journey would be a thrill in a lifetime to the people who regarded this as an adventure, but what would happen if all the heating went off, and it was rather 'chilly' outside?.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

You'd freeze to death and it would turn out to be the thrill of a deathtime!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Snow Queens have that effect on the unwary.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

20 years ago I travelled to Pakistan for an eye-opening 6 weeks of travel and charity work.

we got the cheapest flight possible, which turned out to involve four different airlines and, as we found out only after taking off, a three day stopover in Moscow.

We were travelling in January, so were dressed for a UK winter, but were not too well bundled up because it would be 25°C in Karachi. Unfortunately it was -25°C in Moscow, luckily I had a pair of Levi 501s which I used to barter for a nice warm coat...

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

what would happen if all the heating went off

that's what the Vodka is for :0)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK