We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Well Did You All Get What You Wanted?

Condom

Likes # 0

Now that the fated day has come and gone and we are all struggling to get into our clothes how did we do present wise. Any wonderful wished for ones or could have done without ones?

I finally got my hands on my lovely Logitech Edge keyboard which has lain wrapped for many weeks waiting for my grubby paws to open. It works fantistically and now that I have removed the very thin film of protection which I didn't see at first it looks stunning as well. Thanks FE as your recomendation was 100%.

Son arrived with an electric grooming set for me which makes me wonder if I am really looking scruffy as he brought the same present last year. Better learn to become ambidextrous.

Her indoors and I both bought each other the same present...a bluetooth keyboard and carrying case for the iPad. Different makes but as they say great minds etc.... Either one goes or another iPad is on the agenda. The second one might be a better idea as I can see I'm going to have problems getting my hands on ours which has suddenly become hers.

Anyway after the shops opened again I'm now able to wear my slippers as the original ones didn't fit and had to be changed.

Roll on next year.

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

Rather like morddwyd, our main family present will be bought when the sales are coming to an end, and the quite specific item we want will be 30% of the price it was being sold for on December 23rd.

Still, the kids had a great day, and once again we didn't need to break the bank to have a good time. Total budget, including tree, decorations, presents for everyone (except family present), fuel for driving to see relatives and all other costs: £222. Bang on budget.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Being of an age where there is nothing that I really want that I haven't already bought myself I have become rather difficult to buy for. I enjoy reading but I really did not want a Kindle, but Christmas Day I opened the box and there it was. My sons had already opened it before wrapping and I found that it contained quite a few books from my favourite authors. I'll put that away until I'm on my own I thought. Boxing Day I had nothing much to do so out it came. A few hours later I was still engrossed in a book and impressed with the clarity for reading and the ease of use. I didn't even have to search for a bookmark when I put it down for a while. It has gone from being a 'bit of a disappointment' on Christmas Day, to a 'can't put it down' on Boxing Day. Delayed pleasure but now really pleased.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

canarieslover

Same thing happened to me! I have not previously bought a Kindle because I thought I preferred the feel and the heft of a "real book".

However, Christmas morning arrived and I received a Kindle as a surprise present from my son. I too have not put it down since. I am a convert!

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I bought myself a Kindle for my pressie last year, after listening to what our FE had to say about them on here of course. Since then it has been my constant companion and anytime I have to spare, such as the dentist's or doctors' waiting rooms, on board planes or buses, out it comes. I have now just completed reading book number 42 and some have been free ones and some have been bought, but all have been well worth it. Incidentally I hadn't read a book in many a year before I got it. So it has been a complete success. This year I was bought a new pair of shoes, very essential of course but not as acceptable really.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Bingalau, Ah, but can you still colour in the pictures like you used to in your old reading books? ;o}}

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I really did not want anything...really. But I got too much from my close family...they all gave me money and gift tokens...a new fitted kitchen and bathroom was what I really wanted.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

No

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad