We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Well Did You All Get What You Wanted?

Condom

Likes # 0

Now that the fated day has come and gone and we are all struggling to get into our clothes how did we do present wise. Any wonderful wished for ones or could have done without ones?

I finally got my hands on my lovely Logitech Edge keyboard which has lain wrapped for many weeks waiting for my grubby paws to open. It works fantistically and now that I have removed the very thin film of protection which I didn't see at first it looks stunning as well. Thanks FE as your recomendation was 100%.

Son arrived with an electric grooming set for me which makes me wonder if I am really looking scruffy as he brought the same present last year. Better learn to become ambidextrous.

Her indoors and I both bought each other the same present...a bluetooth keyboard and carrying case for the iPad. Different makes but as they say great minds etc.... Either one goes or another iPad is on the agenda. The second one might be a better idea as I can see I'm going to have problems getting my hands on ours which has suddenly become hers.

Anyway after the shops opened again I'm now able to wear my slippers as the original ones didn't fit and had to be changed.

Roll on next year.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'm glad you like the keyboard, although I always knew you would -it really is the king of keyboards.

I received exactly what I wanted - my children at home for at least some of the time, good food and some peace and quiet. There were presents too, mainly books, and some clothes. All in all a good Christmas,and over quickly - back to work with a vengeance this morning.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

One minor moan - no sixpence in my Christmas Pudding. Morrisons are missing a trick here.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Looking at our local newspaper reports, it would appear that quite a lot of people interviewed in our city centre have just started their Christmas shopping, via the cash or vouchers that they have been given.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Children had too much again. Tired of opening cardboard enclosed 'toys'. Seems that a Neutron bomb would take 'little effect' to remove object from packaging..

Welded plastic, screws and twisted sheathed wire was the order of the day.

Except one. Can't remember this particular toy but the plastic strip at the back of the cardboard was tied with twine to hold the toy in place.

Wonderful!

Like this post
daz60

Likes # 0

More than expected.Thought i was due back from winter break on the 24th,found out on the 13th,lucky for me,that i was not due till the 28th.Six extra days for Xmas in France amongst the volcanoes and volcanic cries of the kids.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Graham*

Must be younger than I thought.

[no sixpence in my Christmas Pudding]

Silver 3 pence pieces when I was young.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Not yet, still waiting for the price to drop just a little further, or an unwanted one to appear on ebay!

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

Got one present I really wanted, and some nice surprises.

The one I wanted was a Cowon S9 MP3 player so I can hand back the rubbish iPod I've been using in the car to play my Audible audio books. I also got some excellent Bob Marley branded earphones (they weren't a surpise, I selected them myself).

Surprises included the full 22 film James Bond boxed set and all six Star Wars movies - not sure when I'll find time to watch them all.

Christmas money was put to a Kyocera ceramic knife - expensive, but astonishingly sharp

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

NO! There was no curly wurly in my selection box.

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

buteman

Do you still cut a cross in the sprout stalks?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

Will I be affected by VAT MOSS? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers