We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

See just how clever you are...No Cheating!!

ams4127

Likes # 0

I got 19

Mensa Test

Like this post
zzzz999

Likes # 0

25/30

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

For those who like such challenges, here's something a little something different.

Sample entrance exam

Its a preparation entry examination for the New York police department. It seems I wouldnt make a NYPD officer, but not by much, and I did go into it cold.

If anyone is interested enough I'll post the answers later.

WTM

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I had a look at the adv(ICE) given...I just got the first coupla' pages.

America is a foreign country and they do things differently!

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

25/30. I'm annoyed with myself that I got the Jane and Sam's age question wrong. I tried it again immediately after I finished, and this time without the pressure of time I was able to calculate it straight away!

Incidentally, the potato and radish question was one of the ones I got wrong!

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

God how boring.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Oops wrong forum.

Like this post
Picklefactory

Likes # 0

27 with two I couldn't attempt, one wild guess I fluked and a couple of educated guesses I also got right, the rest were all the same sort of thing I had as an engineering apprentice, and have also seen on many an interview. I also like those sort of logic tests.

Like this post
Bingalau

Likes # 0

I've just read through this thread again and come to the conclusion that we have some really bright, egg-head types amongst us. Providing that is, we have all been sticking to the time limits and the no cheating rule!!!! I wonder?

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

Boy am I thickI was chairman of 3 companies, a surveyor in the Royal Artillery, but I just cannot get anywhere. I guess it is not my forte. Strangely I do the Daily Telegraph Cryptic Crossword every day. Perhaps it's my Australian Bush background which points to survival rather than mathematical logic.

Like this post
Picklefactory

Likes # 0

*rawprawn * Personally, I don't really think these kinds of tests are a pure measure of intelligence, as they are really purely logic based. There's a lot more to being intelligent than just solving logical puzzles.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

10 iPhone app exclusives that make Android users jealous