We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Ouch

interzone55
Resolved

Likes # 0

Gillingham winger Chris Whelpdale suffers split scrotum

I like the comment from his manager that he is "now a doubt for Friday's game"

Like this post
ton

Likes # 0

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooowe !!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Let him play goalie -- after all it's not as it it's rugby.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I doubt that he'll be minded to go to the ballet while he's recovering, in case it reminds him of that cracking game of two halves...

Like this post
QuizMan

Likes # 0

Sorry, alan14, I am a complete woos and cannot bring myself to click on your link!

Like this post
STREETWORK

Likes # 0

Every time an advert on this site splits the page in two I'll think of this post...

Like this post
carver

Likes # 0

fourm member you must have never seen a split scrotum other wise you would know what he meant.

It's one of those injuries that when you see it happen you get the feeling you just want to wear one of these http://www.kickbacksports.co.uk/Products/Gray-Nicolls-Pro-Performance-Abdo-Guard-900388.aspx all the time.

Like this post
badgery

Likes # 0

I'm with fourm member on this.

The team 'boss' had already said it was a 'horrific' injury - and that was patently correct.

But when he follows up with "..it's disgusting.." then one has to ask what he actually meant. Does he mean how it happened, was it a purposeful foul? Or did he mean when he looked at the injury it was 'disgusting'?

If it was the second, as carver, seems to think, then I think that was an idiotic statement for that manager to make. If someone gets stabbed, does that become a 'disgusting' injury? No - serious, horrible, lifethreatening, but hardly disgusting.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

saw the heading thought it was about the headache chaity called "ouch"

but still had a good smile on reading the post

Like this post
dagbladet

Likes # 0

I was there when this happened. Chris didn't realize what had happened at first. He knew he'd been kicked in the 'nads, but just played on for a while. After a few minutes things just didn't feel right 'down there' so he had a quick look and realized all was very much not in order. As regards the manager's comments. It should be pointed out that during and in the immediate aftermath of the match, certain things had taken place (not the injury) which were a major distraction to Hess (the gaffer). It was during the immediate aftermath of this that the BBC thrust a microphone in his face and carried out the interview. Hess, a decent hard working family man would never lay claim to be a wordsmith and the "dumber" comments along with the apparent scrutiny of a misused word (disgusting) is a little over the top I think.

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Having suffered from a similar injury many years ago reading this brought pack that sickly feeling I had then. The goalkeeper actually said he went for the ball but clearly couldn't count. We didn't even get a penalty out of it.

Anyway after the op there were no long term affects as my children can testify to but I did have to put up with the John Wayne jokes about getting off my horse to drink my milk for several weeks afterwards.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad